Therapeutic & Unified Sports
Therapeutic Recreation is born from the idea that every member of the community has the right to leisure, no matter the level of ability. Our goal is to remove the barriers that may keep some individuals in the community from participating in recreation activities. Through recreation, participants have the opportunity to become more active, learn a new sport, and improve social skills, all while making new friends!
Unified Sports offers the opportunity for all youth and adults to play on a sports team. It joins both youth/adults with disabilities and those without disabilities to train and to play together as a team. Smaller fields and modified equipment may be used as needed to ensure fairness and safety for all. Any person age five or older is eligible to participate.
Please contact Shelli Davis at email@example.com or call 884-2528 for more information and to get on the weekly mailing list - don't miss out on great activities and events!
Your athlete CAN play golf! This program accommodates many skill levels. If they are new to the sport, they will learn the basics of driving, chipping, putting, etc. As they begin to understand the skills, they will work their way on to the golf course.
- Location: Patriots Point Links
- Date: Tuesdays, starting 9/6/22 - 10/25/22
- Time: 5-6pm
- For: All Abilities
- Fee: $15
Stay tuned for a special upcoming event on October 22nd! With over 20 years of experience in the fields of education and horticulture, we have programs to fit the needs of all learners and educational types. All lessons and special events are taught by SC certified teacher, Katie Donahue - www.growingmindsfarm.org.
- Location: Growing Minds Non-profit Educational Urban Farm
- Date: October 22nd - Special event!
- For: Ages 5 and Up/All Abilities
This program accommodates all skill levels! Whether your child is learning the fundamentals or ready to take on the Miami Heat, they will have a spot on the team.
- Location: Jones Center Gym
- Date: Saturdays, starting January 7, 2023 - March 2023
- Time: 9am/10am
- For: All Ages/All Abilities
- Fee: $20
Unified Swim Piranhas
- Location: Jones Center Pool
- Date: Fridays, January 6, 2023 to May 2023
- Time: 5:30-6:30
- For: Ages 10+/All Abilities
- Fee: $40
- Athletes must be 8yrs+ and have the ability to swim without a partner/volunteer.
- Peers must be 10yrs+ and be able to swim laps with athletes.
- Participants limited due to pool size, so please sign up quickly.
We do have instructors who work with our special needs athletes if you would like to sign your child up for swim lessons!
Email Shelli Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about numerous other programs in the area!
Visit our Facebook: http://facebook.com/mtpleasantrtr Volunteer to Coach
Volunteers are needed to Coach, assist and as Unified Partners