Engineering & Environmental Division
The Division is responsible for Flood Control and Water Quality Protection associated with the municipal stormwater system. This is achieved through the following operations:
- General Program Information
- Information Requests & Site Inspections - Please log into the report tracker to submit a request!
- Complaint Investigations
- Single Family Stormwater Permit Program
- Old Village Builders Guide
- Inspections of new public infrastructure
- Drainage Pipe Cleaning
- Canal Maintenance Program
- System Repairs
- Asset Management and Capital Improvements
- Hazard Mitigation
- Flood Protection
- Residential Flood Solutions
- Water Quality Program
- Pond Management Assistance
- Drainage Easement Encroachment Permits (see program information below)
There may be times when we are unable to work on a system because it is not a part of the Town’s drainage system, however, we will work to coordinate with other agencies or provide those property owners with guidance and options for private systems on their private property. If you do not know who owns your road you can try the street finder. You can then visit the other agencies to make work requests in areas that they "own". Use the Request Tracker to enter service requests for assistance!
Other system owners:
Drainage Easement Encroachments
Easements on a property restrict the use of the property. Permission to alter the area must be reviewed to see if the
- We cannot allow any type of structure or part of a home to be installed in the easement. This is an area reserved for construction if we need to replace or repair a pipe.
- Permittable items need to be easily removed (by the property owner or town). Connects for pool discharge or other waste waters are also not permittable.
Please click here to access our online permit portal. You will need to create a log in.
Transportation and Capital Projects Division of the Engineering and Development Services Department. Contact (843) 856-3080.